Powered By Blogger

Thursday, April 1, 2010

The Plan

Okay, to be clear, I don't believe everyone needs to be a size 2 or 4 or 6 or 8 or any particular size to be happy. If you are large and in charge, God Bless. Mozeltov. Vaya con Dios. 

As for me. I am not comfortable in my skin right now. So it's time to get serious and get this weight off. At this point I feel about 30 pounds too heavy. Thirty pounds lighter is the goal and I have a plan. A big one! 30 Pounds in 30 Days. Yes, you heard me.

How, you ask? HCG. It's an acronym for Human Chorionic Gonadotropin. 



What? It's a hormone produced by the placenta during pregnancy to regulate the mother's metabolism. It releases the mother's stored fat to ensure that the developing fetus receives enough nourishment. 


Okay, I just lost the men, didn't I?. Hang on guys. Because it's not a hormone in the traditional sense like a sex hormone, HCG can be used by men and women alike as a weight loss cure.

Here's the fun part: HCG is only effective when combined with a very low caloric diet. How low you ask? 500 Calories a day? Are they kidding? 


Now here's the funny part: They say I won't be hungry on only 500 calories a day.LOL


How is that possible?  Apparently, this British endocrinologist, Dr ATW Simeons published a report in 1954 on the use of HCG for weight loss. He discovered that this particular hormone has a direct effect on the hypothalamus, which is the part of the of the brain that controls and regulates our weight and metabolism among other things.  Now according to Dr, Simeons, certain foods combined with HCG cause an interaction of the hypothalamus. This causes the release of excess fat into your bloodstream, which in turn allows your body to burn it more easily. It's the release of fat that is supposed to prevent hunger while eating only 500 calories a day.


Now here's my favorite part: To begin the HCG weight loss diet you must start with at least two 'Load Days'. In other words you eat as much fat as you can.  Chicken wings, fried foods, cheese, cheeseburgers, peanut butter (yeah!)...name your poison. I am cautioned though to make sure to stick with fatty foods and avoid carbs like french fries. ( I knew it sounded too good to be true.)  Anyway, you have eat all this fat in order to create enough fat reserve to be used in the first 3 days of the diet, so you don't feel like you're starving.


Am I nuts? Maybe. But keep in mind that this is a medically supervised program. I have to submit blood work and meet with a nurse practitioner before they will write me the prescription for the HCG.  Also keep in mind that besides being a big cry baby, I love myself far too much to do anything dangerous.


There are two choices when it comes to taking HCG: You can take the sublingual gel or give yourself injections in the stomach.(What?)  Sounds like a no-brainer, right?  Who in their right mind would choose the injections? Well, for one thing, the injections are less expensive than the oral form.


Hmmm. What to do? What to do? What would you do?

No comments:

Post a Comment