Powered By Blogger

Friday, April 9, 2010

500 Calories

Beginning my third day of the 500 Calorie Diet. Here's what I have been surviving on:

Breakfast
Protein Drink. No, not the kind that is that you put in a blender with a banana, strawberries and orange juice and sometimes vodka (just sayin'). This is a clear high nutrient protein supplement that is 60 Calories and really pretty tasty. (I prefer orange or mixed berry)

Green Drink.  Again, not the kind that is that you put in a blender with a banana, strawberries and orange juice and sometimes vodka. This is a veggie supplement full of pro-biotics made up of, among other things; organic cauliflower powder, broccoli powder and spinach powder. You mix it with water and it's 40 Calories of what tastes like Scope mouthwash and ground cauliflower.

Black Coffee.  0 Calories.

total: 100 Calories

Midmorning Snack:
1 medium red delicious apple. 80 Calories

Lunch
2.8 oz of tuna packed in water. And in case you're wondering, that's about 3 square inches.- I kid you not.  80 Calories. 

3.5 oz of raw cucumber-about 2 inches. 15 Calories

1 chopped Campari tomato-about an 1.5 inches. 15 Calories


All of the above, served with a teaspoon of Walden Farms 0 calorie dressing, amounts to not much more than a dirty plate.

total: 110 Calories

Afternoon snack: 
Creamy protein supplement. This is a powder that you mix with water. Tastes like vanilla pudding and while it doesn't hold a candle to cheesecake, it's pretty good. 90 Calories


Dinner:


4 oz of steamed asparagus- 30 Calories


3 oz of steamed shrimp-90 Calories


Total: 130 Calories


Beside those 500 Calories I am drinking about 80 oz of water a day and all the herbal tea I want. Yippee!


My consultant told me that I would probably be tired on this diet and warned that exercise would exhaust me. However, after a long day at work, I went Salsa Dancing last night for about 4 hours. Had plenty of energy and feel great today. My only guess is that my body is still trying to burn off the 500 calorie-an-hour-diet of fat that I was on during the 2 'load days'.


I have my first weigh-in today. Say a prayer.

No comments:

Post a Comment