Powered By Blogger

Monday, April 5, 2010

Injecting

Yes I chose the injections. And this morning I started my program... but not without drama.


The HCG prescription is delivered in two vials; one containing the HCG in powder form, and the other containing a special saline solution. I also received one large hypodermic needle and 20 very small hypodermics. 


Last week I attended a class on how to mix your HCG. (Yes I know what you're thinking and I did pay attention. Honest.) But in my defense there is a very specific way to mix the very expensive HCG without ruining it. And check this out. The only way to discover that you've ruined it, is if you begin to starve while on the diet!


Anyway, you have use the large hypodermic to draw 4 cc's of saline out of one vial, and inject it into the HCG vial. First bit of trouble I had was getting the solution out of the vial into the hypodermic. Then I remembered to turn the vial upside down and voila!  Okay, so this should have been the easy part. All I had to do was inject the hypodermic containing the saline into the HCG vial. Ever so gently I pierced the top of the HCG vial with the needle and began to squeeze out the saline. Big Mistake. Huge! While some saline did make it into the vial, most of it spilled all over my desk. Oh No! Apparently I have the dexterity of a hedgehog.


In a panic, I called the weight loss consultant who sold me the HCG program. "Calm down and come on into the center", she patiently instructed. "Bring everything with you and we will work it out." At the center she deftly took control of the situation while I pretended that I'm not an idiot. She injected what we hope (fingers crossed) is the correct amount of saline into the HCG vial. And there in her office, I gave myself my very first injection and it didn't hurt a bit.


So I started the 'Load Days' today. Which means eating mucho fat! Bacon for breakfast, ham for lunch and pork chops for dinner.This is some diet, huh?


Does anyone know who sells the best New York Style Cheesecake in town?

No comments:

Post a Comment